Look Up Your CGA Accountant

Need assistance with your award, but don't know who to contact in Contracts & Grants Accounting? If you know the UC Fund Number for your award, you can easily look up the accountant responsible for your award. The instructions below offer two ways to find this information.

Option 1: Contracts & Grants Accountant Lookup

The easiest way to find the accountant responsible for your award is to use the Contracts & Grants Accountant Lookup tool, which can be accessed from ZotPortal. You can find the lookup in both the Decision Support and KFS/Finances tabs.

  • KFS Decision Support portlet > General Ledger - Campus Reports > Contracts & Grants Accountant Lookup

Screenshot highlighting the location of the C&G Accountant Lookup link in ZotPortal

The report allows you to enter either your principal investigator's UCInetID or the fund number. After you do so, click the run button to see the results. The name of the accountant responsible for each award will appear in the first "C&G Fund Manager" column. Their email address will be in the second column.

Option 2: Find the Contracts & Grants Accountant in KFS

Log into KFS as your normally would and then follow these instructions:

Step 1: Locate the Award Lookup

In the left-side menu, click the "Contracts and Grants" link. This will bring up a list of links. Under the Reference heading, find and click the "Award" link.

Screenshot showing the location of the Award link in KFS

Step 2: Search for your Fund Number

The easiest way to find your award is to search for it using your five-digit UC Fund Number. After you've typed it in, click search at the bottom of the screen.

Click to close image, click and drag to move. Use arrow keys for next and previous.

Step 3: Find your CGA Accountant

The name of the CGA accountant for your award is listed in the "Primary Fund Manager" column of the search results. You can also click "view award" to see more details.

Screenshot showing the location of Primary Fund Manager column