The UCI Corporate travel card is an individualized charge card used primarily for UCI travel expenses. Any travel-related expense can be charged to the UCI Corporate travel card such as airline tickets, hotel reservations, conference registrations, car rentals, and even meals. The credit account is based on an individual's own credit worthiness, but it offers useful benefits:
- Easier Reimbursements: UCI’s financial systems can apply your reimbursement directly to the card account.
- Track Expenses: The card provides a ready resource to track travel expenses—as long as the traveler remembers to charge only travel-related expenses to the account.
- Widely Accepted: The UCI Corporate travel card is accepted worldwide.
- Security: Cardholders will not have to carry large amounts of cash when they travel.
Requirements to apply for a UCI Corporate travel card:
- Employee must create a TEM Profile - Click here for step-by-step instructions.
- Must obtain a Default Account Number from your department.
- Must add the Default Account Number in your TEM Profile. Click here for instructions.
If you do not add a Default Account Number to your TEM Profile, you will receive an error message when applying for the UCI Corporate credti card. For more information about using the card, see this guide.
Insurance Coverage and Assistance
Common Carrier Insurance
This program provides Common Carrier Insurance when the entire fare has been charged to your UCI Corporate Travel card.
Lost Luggage Assistance
You are eligible for baggage claim assistance when your luggage is lost or damaged by the common carrier and your ticket was charged to your UCI Corporate Travel card.
24-Hour Customer Service
Customer Service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Inside the US. Outside the US, available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Assistance with emergency cash/card replacement, medical and legal referrals, document replacement, and claim processing.
Useful Information for Cardholders
Upon receipt of your card, please read all correspondence from the bank for a clear understanding of the corporate card program. Contact a travel expert if you have any questions about your account.
Lost or Stolen Cards
Cardholders are responsible for notifying the bank immediately of any loss, theft, or unauthorized use of their UCI Corporate Travel card or account. Cardholders are also responsible for notifying the UCI Program Administrator and updating all travel profiles.
Cardholders are expected to maintain financial responsibility with regard to the use of the UCI Corporate Travel Card. An account is considered delinquent if the total payment due is not remitted before the next billing date. UCI will receive reports on past-due accounts. The balance indicated on your monthly statement is due in full by the next billing cycle. Late fees will be assessed on past due balances. Late fee charges are the responsibility of the individual cardholder and not an allowable University expense. Late fees may not be reimbursed.