New Employee Guide
Sign up for the following mailing lists to keep up to date with the latest news out of Accounting & Fiscal Services
Get announcements, updates, service alerts, and important news relating to KFS or Accounting & Fiscal Services in your email, subscribe to the following mailing lists to keep up to date on the latest UCI financial news.
- AFS-Update for updates and news from Accounting & Fiscal Services
- UCI-DWH for Decision Support and Data Warehouse updates
Most roles can be granted to you by your Department Security Administrator (DSA), if unsure who your DSA is, please check with your department manager.
Roles you might need
Travel, Event, and Relocation Reimbursements
- TEM Organization Profile Arranger (TEM10009): Allows users to prepare Travel and Event reimbursements for employees.
- The optional Accounting Reviewer (for Approval) role creates an additional workflow step on an eDoc after the Fiscal Officer for additional approval. This role can only be used for TEM and DV, and may not be used with any other type of KFS document.
- All active employees have access to UCIBuy and the ability to create requisitions. Students who are not employees will not have access to KFS or UCIBuy.
- User role (54) is required in order to initiate a Purchase Order Amend.
- Organization Reconciler (10325) for DV & TEM Transactions (TT): Allows users to view Disbursement Vouchers, Entertainment Reimbursements, and Travel Reimbursements for their organization created by other users.
- User role (54): Allows users to access some Financial Reports, some financial eDocs, and Purchase Order Amends.
- Chart of Accounts Maintenance User (10578): Allows users to edit and create accounts and other Full Accounting Unit (FAU) Attributes.
- KFS Decision Support Report Viewer: Allows users to view Decision Support Reports.
- Fiscal Officer: The Fiscal Officer is responsible for approving day-to-day activity on an account.
- Fiscal Officer Primary Delegate: A Primary Delegate Role is recommended for departments whose Fiscal Officer will be on an extended leave. When a Primary Delegate is assigned, the items will not route to the Fiscal Officer's Action List, only to the Primary Delegate.
- Fiscal Officer Secondary Delegate: A Secondary Delegate is recommended for all departments. When a Secondary Delegate is assigned, both the Fiscal Officer and the Secondary Delegate can see the Fiscal Officer’s action list items that the Secondary Delegate has access to. This will reduce delays in processing eDocs when the Fiscal Officer is out short term.
Travel and Event Reimbursements
- All UCI employees who are responsible for initiating Travel or Event reimbursements must create a TEM profile and be assigned as an arranger for all UCI employees that they are reimbursing, who must have also set up a TEM profile.
- Reimbursements that are not related to travel or an event can be processed using a Disbursement Voucher. TEM profiles are not required for Disbursement Voucher reimbursements.
Log in and password help
Before you can log into KFS, you will need to have a UCINetID and password.
Additional information on how to obtain your UCINetID can be found on the Office of Information Technology (OIT) website: www.oit.uci.edu/ucinetid
If you need to reset your password, the OIT has a page with instructions. http://www.oit.uci.edu/help/password/
Online Directory (how to update your information)
Address information shown in your TEM profile, Purchase Order Requisitions, Travel Reimbursements and other KFS eDocs can be updated through the directory. Contact your Department Directory Coordinator to update the data.
To view your information in the campus directory go to https://directory.uci.edu/
Enter your first and last name, then click the Search button.
Instructions for updating information in the campus directory can be found by clicking the Update Data in the Directory link.